Friday, January 1, 2010

How to Keep Your New Year's Resolutions: Advice from the Experts

Here's an article from Time magazine today about ways to keep your new year's resolution.

How to Keep Your New Year's Resolutions: Advice from the Experts

Apparently 35% of people who make new year's resolutions, don't even keep them for one day. Who's part of that group?!?!

According to www.usa.gov/Citizen/Topics/New_Years_Resolutions.shtml
here are the top resolutions. Any of these made your list? Let's see if any made my list:

Lose weight - check

Manage Debt - that's I good one, I don't know why I kept it out, I will add it

Save money - I've already been doing that in '09 and will surely keep doing it in 2010

Get a better job - don't think I need to right now, but I would surely take a promotion

Get fit - check, kind of goes hand in hand with losing weight for me

Get a better education - check, in the sense that I want to figure out if I want to or not!

Drink less alcohol - don't need to

Quit smoking - don't need to

Reduce stress overall - I wouldn't say I'm a very stressed person so I don't really need to

Reduce street at work - part of what I like about my job is that it's not stressful, maybe it's the management I have above me, or maybe it's the fact that I have endured unbelievable stress at my prior employer

Take a trip - will do

Volunteer to help others - check

Health-e-cards for the holidays and New Year - had no idea what that meant, so I clicked on the link and they are e-card you can send people from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to encourage healthy living in the New Year, promote safe activities year -round... check it out www.cdc.gov/Features/Health-e-Cards/

No comments: