Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Christmas season

During Christmas, Jr and I and the pugs drove down to Florida to meet my parents and sisters. On Christmas Eve, my mom prepared a Christmas Eve little meal at midnight the same way my grand -mother used to do when my mom was little. Then on Christmas day we did a gift exchange, that was my idea, we all bought a $5 gift for everyone else and when we opened the gifts we had to guess how had bought it for us. It was a lot of fun, and it would have been even better if my dad didn't send my mom to buy his gifts for him!
On my birthday we went to a hockey game, the Canadiens were playing against the Florida Panthers and of course they beat them. It was pretty fun because at least half of the arena was people from Quebec.
On New Year's Eve we went to Miami for dinner at Joes' Stone Crab and we actually waited 3 hours for a table. Not that they told us it was going to be 3 hours annd it ended up being an hour and a half, we actually waited THREE hours!! It wasn't such a big deal because we wanted to watched the fireworks that set off from the ocean on the beach so we would have had to wait for that anyway, but by the time we sat down and we finished dinner we rushed to the beach and we pretty much missed the whole thing. We still had fun afterwards, everyone was partying in the street on Ocean Drive.
Then on New Years day we went to the Orange Bowl at the Miami Dolphins stadium. I suggested that we tailgate before the game, since we, Canadians, are not big football fans and we never experienced this tailgating thing! So my parents bought a small protable grill and we brought hot dogs and all kinds of tailgating foods. We were with a few family friends and we all had a lot of fun. The game however wasn't really exciting and the stadium was barely half full.
Other than that we did the usual in Florida, beach, shop and eat out.
Tailgate party at the Orange Bowl
We always get a picture of the tree at Rockefeller Center

The beach...

Yoda and Vader in their "dog park", made by my parents, in Florida



The Canadians playing against the Florida Panthers on my birthday!

All the "quebequers" cellebrating after the Montreal Canadians won the hockey game

The Orange Bowl at the Miami Dolphins Stadium


Orange Bowl

No comments: